How to get relief from ankle and knee pain?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I have been having this pain in my ankle for 2 years, the pain is in my left leg by the tibia (bottom part )and associated with pain in my knees. I dont play sport and i have not had any injures since. I walk a lot in campus. I went to see doctor, they did not do my any examination and the conclusion i must have fallen somewhere Which i am FULLY aware i have not. Only thing i do walking...! one day i woke up and literally fall off the ground, i could not feel my foot! no idea what was that and stay for 20 minute and pain for 2 days. And for this, when i went to see doctor they said this is propoly because my ear need to be cleaned; too much wax might cause you to be unbalance, however this is nothing to do with my unbalanced. I was not feeling my foot.
Thankfully, this did not happen again but i still get a lot of pain
Posted Mon, 12 Nov 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 2 hours later

There is an array of potential causes of chronic ankle pain so it’s essential to be very thorough in arriving at your diagnosis.

Chronic ankle pain can be caused by any of the tissues in or around the ankle, including bones, ligaments, muscles, tendons, nerves or blood vessels.

In your condition it might be an osteochondral lesion of the medial or lateral ankle, Sinus tarsi syndrome, Tarsal coalition, Tendonitis, Degenerative joint disease, also known as osteoarthritis.

I suggest you to consult an orthopaedician nearby for a detailed examination. Depending on your level of suspicion, your orthopaedician might begin with standard radiographs. Although there is a great deal of information on the radiographs, you’ll need a MRI to detect soft tissue disorders under his/her guidance.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any more concerns.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.