How to get rd of pimples and black spots on face?

Jan 2014

hello doctor my Name is XXXXX 21 years old . there is small pimples on my face as well as black spots of previous pimples which is gone. so please suggest some medicine so that my face is getting clean & i can get fareness on my face.
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in Acne
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Topical Antibacterial+Retinoids+-Oral Antibiotics Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for posting your concern at XXXXXXX Acne and Post Acne Hyperpigmentation (PAH) is common among young people. Almost all cases of Acne and PAH can be ultimately cured with proper medication and follow up. General measures: >Use a mild cleanser like cetaphil twice daily >Avoid all the regular use creams, moisturizers, sunscreens that you may be using for the time being till you are on anti-acne treatment. >Avoid taking facials. >Avoid picking your acne. >Use an Anti-dandruff shampoo since acne is worsened by dandruff. Specific treatment: Oral Antibiotics: For inflammatory acne(papules and pustules) i advice my patients to start with one of the oral antibiotics like Azithromycin/ Doxycycline/ Minocycline. Topical treatment: Is a valuable adjunct to any form of acne treatment. Mainly two classes of drugs are used topically 1)Topical Antibacterials: Dermatologists around the world prescribe topical gels/creams containing topical antibiotics like either clindamycin 1%/ benzoyl peroxide 2.5% OR Nadifloxacin during the day time. 2)Topical Retinoids: Either Adapalene 0.1%/ Tretinoin 0.025% OR Azaleic acid (10%/20%) at bed time. Topical treatment regimen especially the one which includes one of the retinoids that i mentioned above also helps to gradually fade away the black spots (post acne hyperpigmentation)(PAH) Since, you mentioned that you have both acne as well as black spots from previous acne. In such a case i prefer to give Azaleic acid cream/gel. It acts both on acne as well as black spots. I ask my patients to apply Azaleic acid on the whole affected area twice daily and rub in gently for 2-5 minutes to enhance penetration. Topical treatment has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory effect and normally show noticeable improvement by 2-4 weeks. Hope this will help you. I advice you to consult a nearby dermatologist and get a prescription out of these drugs. If you need any more help regarding your concern, i am here to guide you further.. take care regards.