How to get long hair and to get rid of fungal infection of toe nail?

my three girls have great hair and has grown to their bums which they nails have grown but my hair is shoulder length
i thought nails and hair go together ......please im desperate for long hair.any good ideas

i dotn drink or smoke

dont drink fizzy drinks at all.....
i drink a lot of green tea
i have at least 5 cups a day is that too much..i dont drink water or anything else maybe once in awhile

also i keep getting corns on my right toe..probably from tight shoes as i have one foot bigger than other pluas fungi toe nail ..i removed before and it gre back...i have removed nails but the root bit still here

any help
i know lot of questions but hey i have paid for them

XXXXXXplease lol
Posted Sun, 23 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 3 hours later
So you have three concerns regarding hair growth, callosity and fungal infection of toe nail
I wil address the concerns specifically
hair growth is mainly governed by the duration of growth phase of hair. This growth phase is called anagen. At any given time 80 to 90 percent hair is in anagen phase and this phase has a normal duration of 2 to 5 years. A hair passes through three phases anagen( growth phase) then catagen( transition phase, signalling end of hair growth) then telogen phase( resting phase).
So a person whose anagen phase lasts for long will have longer hair while a person with a shorter duration anagen phase will have shorter hair.
The duration of anagen phase depends mainly upon genetics ( non modifiable). Other factors(modifiable) that can shorten anagen phase are stress, illness, nutritional deficiency, and anti cancer medicine.

So to have good hair growth we can make changes in modifiable factors
1)have a high protein diet. Take food XXXXXXX in biotin, copper, selenium, iron, b complex vitamins and vitamin D
2) avoid stress, exercise daily
3) you may also apply minoxidil 2 percent solution as it prolongs anagen phase
4) avoid chemical hair treatment
5) if having any thyroid disorder or iron deficiency, correct the same.

avoid tight fitted occlucive shoes
Get the callosity pared and apply salicylic acid asked ointment till area regains its normal skin texture
Moisturise feet with creams containing urea and lactic acid

Fungal toe nail infection
Could have occurred due to occlusive shoes
Can be treated with oral and topical antifungals like itraconazole or fluconazole orally along with application of clotrimazole lotion in affected nail fold.

I would advise that you XXXXXXX a dermatologist to get prescription of above mentioned drugs.

Hope I have answered your queries to satisfaction.
Should there be a further query, please write back.