How to find the efficacy of Generic drug with no FDA oversight?

Jun 2013
How do I find authorized generic manufactures i.e.Greenstone for Upjohn's Xanax.Just recently on Dr.Oz (4-8-13) The guest Dr. XXXXXXX Cooperman for consumerslab cleary pointed out how much BS exits in the phrases That the generics are THE SAME AS THE brand name. He points out how the efficacy of GenericDrugs range from 80% to 125% with no FDA oversight.When I took alprazalam from Greenstone it worked great -when I took it from Watson it gave me bad dreams. My son is a Pharmicist told be about greenstone yesterday.I luckily changed back several months ago to the Greenstone after the Watson experience(by luck) ? By the way Dr. Oz is the haead of cardiology@ NYC Presbyterian hospital DID NOT KNOW THIS.
Posted Sat, 25 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur 12 hours later
Hi there ~

The generic versions of the brand named drugs are supposed to have the same efficacy as the brand named drugs, according to the FDA. The generic versions are released after the expiry of the patent on the brand named drugs. However, if the company producing the generic version does not have the formula to create the drug or if it does not qualify FDA oversight, which it should, you might end up with a drug that is not the same as the brand named drug. It will be a drug that is just similar to the brand named drug. Having worked in an american setup I understand your concerns. If you probably had a bad reaction to a medication please report it to the FDA and how the generic and the brand named drugs were different. I have given you the link below for your convenience. You may also want to bring it up with your local and federal authorities that govern these sort of issues.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a lovely day!