How to find out the conception date?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
hi my last period was the i5th may i done a tyest and im pregnant but iam confused as to who the dad is could u possibly give me a date of when the baby was conceived as iam considering a abortion cos i dont no wat to do not sure who the dad is it would b helpful iuf u cud give me a conception date thanks i would b grateful if u could give me a exact date of conception
Posted Sat, 7 Jul 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later
hi ,
thanks for the query.

as the first day of your last menstrual period is 15th may.

in case of regular periods,

-with 30 days cycle:
the ovulation might have occurred between 31st May to 1st XXXXXXX
As the ovum is having only 24 hours life span you might have conceived between 30th May to 2nd XXXXXXX
more probably on 31st May or on 1st XXXXXXX

-with 28 days cycle:
the ovulation might have occurred between 29th May to 30th May.
As the ovum is having only 24 hours life span, you might have conceived between 28th May to 31st may.
more probably on 29th May or on 30th May.

in case of regular periods you choose one of the above two options according to your cycle length and match that dates with your date of intercourse which will give you the exact date of conception.

if you are having irregular periods, please provide details of previous three cycles according to that I can tell the date of conception.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
take care.

Follow-up: How to find out the conception date? 21 minutes later
would there have been any chance of me conceiving on the 24th may as i slept with somebody different on that day

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 44 minutes later
hi ,

according to your lmp, 24th May will be 10th day of the cycle.

If we take routine most fertile period, it will be 5 days before to 1 to 2 days after ovulation.

In case of 30 days cycle, if we take ovulatory date as 31st May, 5 days before will be 26th May,

In case of 28 days cycle, it will be 24th May.

So, if you are having 28 days cycle, the early possibility of ovulation is on 24th day.

But if you are having regular cycles for last 3 months this chance of getting conceived on 24th is very less.

You can also check the age of gestation by HCG levels but these are having wide range of values, so may not exactly detect the date.

Anyhow you can use for cross check.

If you conceived on 24th May, today 17th XXXXXXX will be 25th day from conception.

If you conceived around 31st May, to day will be 17th day from conception,

So you can get your HCG levels done, it may give some additional help in choosing the date of conception.

Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
take care.