How to eliminate Methamphetamine from the body?

Jun 2014

If I took 6 to 8 hits of a meth pipe will it be out of my urine in 3days. How much water to drink to help get it out faster
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Water would not help Detailed Answer: HI Thanks for using healthcare magic. I, Dr Abhishek Kapoor, psychiatrist would help you to solve this query. Excretion of a drug is depend upon its elimination half life, which is describe as the time it takes for the blood plasma concentration of a substance to halve (plasma half-life) its steady-state. A drug needs minimum five half life to completely wash out from body. Meth elimination half life is 9 to 12 hours, so it would take 2 to 3 days to completely wash out from body. Due to the high lipophilicity of methamphetamine, it can readily move through the blood brain barrier faster than other stimulant and amphetamine metabolite peaks at 10–24 hours. It is excreted by the kidneys, with the rate of excretion into the urine heavily influenced by urinary pH. Acidic substances like orange or lemon juices will reduce the absorption of methamphetamine and increase urinary excretion, while alkaline substances like antacids do the opposite. Due to lipophilic nature, meth would not be excreted out from body by water. It excretion depend upon your metabolism and urine pH. The more acidic the urine, the faster meth will exit the body. Acidic urine can speed up the exit process to seven hours instead of 12. Basic (alkaline) urine can slow down meth’s excretion by increasing its half-life to 30 hours, so water would not really help rather it would decrease urine pH. I think, you would be satisfied with the answer. In case you have further query, you can ask.