How to ease pain with spinal stenosis and a history of bladder repair hysterectomy, hernia repair and right mastectomy?

Excellent

Question
I have been having rt, ide pain ,have had ca. of sequin , rt mastectomy , bladder repair hysterectomy , hernia repair , gallbladder , had a c.t scan shows spinal stenosis , have had injections , physio pain worse at night laying down
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: conservative Pain management Detailed Answer: Hello there! Thank you for asking. I read your query and i am sorry for all the trouble you had. Now the issue is that you have a geriatric limitations due to your age superseded by previous history of multiple surgeries and bone degenerations and the spinal stenosis for which you need a proper management with a lot of medicine options like NSAIDs, Limoprosts(PGE1 Analogs) Membrane stabilizers like gabapentin (Anticonvulsants) muscle relaxants , Opioids and Corticosteroids both oral and Epidural injections. I want you to know that age of 81 is a bit issue here to respond to all the manoeuvres being tried upon you. So here is what i think you should do. Continue the physical therapy. Seek the Geriatric Chronic Pain management specialist's help and let them decide what is best for you. All you need is a good pain management and no one better that a pain management specialist can do it. Good Luck and take some very good care of yourself. If you have any more queries please feel free to ask otherwise kindly close the discussion and rate the answer as per your experience. May the odds be ever in your favor. Regards Dr S Khan

Follow-up: How to ease pain with spinal stenosis and a history of bladder repair hysterectomy, hernia repair and right mastectomy? 15 hours later
would surgery help? for spinal stenosis, on xarelto,toloxin app diltiaz cd avapro glumetza lyrica have a.f. what are the results ? i am active , and not depressed , try to keep busy not to strenuous make my meals but do have weekly help in cleaning extra ,thank you for responding and i value your advice

Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 17 hours later
Brief Answer: No surgery, conservative only, continue meds Detailed Answer: Hello again madam! yes decompressive surgeries are options for spinal stenosis and they do help but the issue is whether you will be fit for surgery and anaesthesia or not as age of 81 with atrial fibrillation in history makes it look like impossible. will bring more harm than good. Rest continue the above mentioned medications for your treatment as diabetes with cardiac profile superadded by these stenosises make the options no more than conservative management and strict monitoring. So i recommend stay in touch with your doctor and do as directed. i believe surgery is not the answer to your stenosis. Medications is and you are on the right one. Add my advices above mentioned to it and you won't need any thing for the pain. Keep asking if the query isn't satisfiably answered. Other wise don't forget to close the discussion. may you be on best possible results list. Cheers S Khan

Follow-up: How to ease pain with spinal stenosis and a history of bladder repair hysterectomy, hernia repair and right mastectomy? 30 hours later
Thank you .

Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 6 hours later
Brief Answer: :) Detailed Answer: You are welcome. Kindly close the discussion and rate the answer as per your experience. cheers