How to diagnose for Colitis infection?

I have been facing issues with my appetite and digestion for a long time now. I frequently suffer from lose motions and Nausea. I can hardly digest the meals and need to pass motion after eating (includes small meals). Post consultation I got to know that I could be suffering from Colitis and have swelling in my intestines. I want to know what test will help me confirm if am suffering from Colitis and if I am where is the best possible treatment available in Delhi.
Posted Sat, 22 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 days later
Brief Answer: Stool analysis Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. A simple routine stool analysis will give abundant information on what could be the cause for the colitis. It should be an early morning sample. Blood in the stool indicate ulcerative disease and presence of bacteria or pus cells give an idea about infective cause. Wish you good health. Regards,