How to determine the cancer stage?

Diabetologist
Question
I have a friend who has been diagnosed with cancer. The cancer has not spread from her esphogus. They will do a surgery to remove the 5cm tumor. What stage is?
Posted Sat, 22 Mar 2014 in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 5 minutes later
difficult to say without PET

Follow-up: How to determine the cancer stage? 57 minutes later
She had the PET. According to that it had not spread beyond her larynx. They will remove her voice and will open another hole. She will lose partial movement in her shoulder.

Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 19 hours later
Brief Answer: Need the following information Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX I am Dr Saumya Mittal. I am going to try to answer your query. I need the following reports to know more. 1. The PET report, to know the extent of the lesion locally 2. The Biopsy report to know the type of lesion we are discussing. They both will help decide the stage. Besides I need to know the details of your friend's symptoms. Has she been found to have any lymph nodes? Please respond to the questions, and please upload the reports. That will help me answer you more accurately Awaiting your response Dr Saumya Mittal

Follow-up: How to determine the cancer stage? 2 hours later
Hey. I have come to understand that she isnt fully disclosing everything to me. Which is fine. Its not adding up from the information she has given me but thats ok. I dont think we have much time left. Thanks!

Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: sorry about the grave prognosis informed Detailed Answer: I am sorry about the grave prognosis informed. If I can be of any help, if you need any information, please let me know. I will need the above details. Dr Saumya Mittal