How to determine paternity of the child?

Question
Hi I'm white my girlfriend is white our baby was born brown next day he looked white is it possible he is not mine
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in Genetics

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: More information is needed. Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for trusting us with your health query. I am so sorry to hear about this disturbing thought. It is extremely difficult to tell by the look of a baby alone whether that baby is yours or not. If you for real have major doubts whether he is your child or not, I will advice that you go in for a paternity test. This will look at your DNA and compare it with that of the child. This is the gold standard and will leave no doubt as to whether he is your child or not. The results would offer a very clear and conclusive answer to this. I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and please feel free to ask for clarifications if need be. Dr. Ditah, MD.

Follow-up: How to determine paternity of the child? 3 hours later
I just want to no if the baby has a chance to be mine

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes. Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for following up with me. There is no real information that suggests the baby may not be yours. With the information I have at hand now, it is possible that he is your son. I wish you well. Thank you for using our services. Dr. Ditah, MD.

Follow-up: How to determine paternity of the child? 12 hours later
What would cause him to be born looking biracial I believe he is mine and she does too I just would like to know

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 7 hours later
Brief Answer: More information needed. Detailed Answer: Thanks for following up with me. You said this child looked white the very next day. This means the brown color was most likely linked transient environmental conditions and not intrinsic. I suppose you should believe more in what you have now than a transient observation you observed once. I hope it helps. Please, do not poison your mind and relationship with ideas that are probably transient and environmentally related. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.