How to detect pregnancy when blood B HCG comes negative?
User rating for this question
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: GET PELVIC ULTRASOUND SCAN DONE Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. After a miscarriage, it takes almost 4 - 6 weeks for the B - HCG values to come back to normal. If the blood B HCG was negative, then the urine test would not come out positive, because the blood test is much more sensitive. I think this is a fresh pregnancy. Have you been sexually active since ? A pelvic ultrasound scan will clarify matters. Please get that done. Take care. Feel free to discuss further.
Follow-up: How to detect pregnancy when blood B HCG comes negative? 21 minutes later
Yes, we have been trying to get pregnant for over a year now. We probably tried three weeks ago for the first time since i had the miscarriage(right after blood work was finally.negative). I know blood is more sensitive than urine but I read that it stays in urine longer. Is that true? Also I had brown spotting a week ago that lasted two days with cramping.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: DETAILED BELOW Detailed Answer: Yes, maybe a day or two more in the urine, since urine is essentially secreted out of the blood. It is not possible that your HCG was zero before three weeks, and then the urine test is positive 3 weeks later. Please get a pelvic ultrasound, specially considering the spotting , which could be indicative of either your period , or a miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy.
People also viewed
- Pregnancy without hcg detection
- Flutter to the right of my belly button not pregnant
- Throat swelling abdominal crunches
- Smelly belly button when pregnant
- Hcg blood pregnancy levels
- Sinusitis dizziness left side abdominal pain
- Hcg blood pregnancy test
- Emfolic dha tablet benefits
- How to detect pregnancy by hcg
- How to detect pregnancy when blood b hcg comes negative
- How to take benforce tablet
- Upper abdominal discomfort due to posture
- Left sided abdominal pain with diarrhea
- Proluton depot benefits
- Abdominal discomfort with an iud