How to detect pregnancy after delayed periods and are home urine tests kits reliable?

May 2013
I doubt pregnancy. I should have got my periods two days back. Conception could have occurred on 4th December. I took cyclonorm p and e tablets each four totally eight this morning. I did not get my periods. In the evening I tested with a strip. The hcg answered negative. Can I rely on the test? What should I do next? I have not got my periods
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Blood test for pregnancy Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Cycle norm e and p tablet is a combined oral contraceptive pill. These can act as emergency contraceptive pills when taken within 72 hours of the intercourse. They are not used to induce abortion. Urine pregnancy test kit may not detect early pregnancy sometimes. So, once go for blood test for pregnancy. If the test comes negative, wait for one more week. Possibly by that time you will get periods. If test comes positive, consult gynecologist once, go for ultrasound. And decide further management accordingly. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.