How to detect inverse stretch reflex?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
what detects that a muscle is under stretch and therefore initiates the inverse stretch reflex? thanks I am completely healthy . it is a theory question only. thanks
Posted Thu, 7 Feb 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
The inverse stretch reflex is triggered by the increased rate of muscle contraction and the increase in the length of the muscle fibres. After the stretching exceeds a particular length, the annulospiral receptor sends a signal, proportional to the amount and rate of stretch, to tell the muscle to contract. This is a safety mechanism to prevent the muscle being overstretched.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.