How to delay periods?

Mar 2016

Hi..I'm 23, and my body weight is 48. I have an important festival coming up next week (due on 6,7,8 february). I had my last periods starting on december 29th. During November, I had it during 30th. However, this month, i'm getting no clear symptoms of a period today though it's 28th. I don't want to have my periods during the festival. How long should i wait to start taking primolout to avoid periods during Feb 6, 7 and 8 and what is the dosage?. I tried having vitamin c rich foods during the last couple of days to induce it earlier however it has found no usage till today.
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer: DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us on Healthcare Magic. For delaying period, you have to take Norethisterone pill (like PRIMOLUT-N etc) twice daily 1 hr after meal 3 days prior to your expected due date and continue as long as you want (max 2 weeks). It is better to start from today according to your last period date. You will get withdrawal bleeding (similar to your period) within 5 to 7 days after stopping them. Next 1 to 2 cycles may be irregular due to hormonal imbalance. However, it will overcome with the time. Hope, I have answered your query. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW