How to deal with nausea while taking methatrexate, naproxene and prednisone for seronegative inflammatory arthritis?

hello. I am taking methatrexate,folic acid,naproxene,prednisone, for seranegative inflammatory arthritis. diagnosed approx. 3 months. last month approx. I am having nausea issues and seem to be getting worse. Any advise on how to deal with this until I can see my specialist in a month time. thankyou XXXXXXX XXXX
Posted Mon, 20 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Due to methotrexate Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The nausea that you are having is likely to be due to methotrexate. The constant nausea can be decreased by decreasing the dose of methotrexate or taking over the counter anti emetics like metoclopramide. Other prescription medicines like ondansetron are also helpful in reducing the drug induced nausea. You can get it prescribed from your general physician. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL