How to deal with heavy snoring?

ENT Specialist

I have a query regarding my husband's snoring. We got married one year back and we are planning to have kids after one more year. Till now I am finding difficult to adjust with my husband's heavy snoring. He is 29 and I am 28. Please help.
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 6 hours later

Thank you for your query.

1. Snoring or Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome (OSAS) requires a Sleep Study and ENT examination including a flexible nasal endoscopy to diagnose the exact level of obstruction. A Sleep MRI study may also be required.

2. What is his weight? Reduction of body weight may help reduce the heavy snoring. Some conditions such as a Deviated Nasal Septum (DNS) may not respond to weight reduction alone.

3. You may share the results of the examination and investigations here for further treatment options depending on the level of obstruction which includes CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure) machines, Radio-frequency and Co-ablation assisted nasal, palate and tongue surgeries and so on.

I hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries, I will be available to answer them.