How to deal with an aggressive behaviour in a child?
User rating for this question
Helo, My daughter, 5 yrs old, is keep on asking if she wants something and starts shouting crying. She does not listen whatever we tell to her. Even if we tell her later also, she is repeating this. At most of the times, we lose our patience. I dont know how to handle this. How to make her calm? Or how to make her to listen to us? Should we respond to her immediately or should we let her to cry? Thanks.
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 1 hour later
Brief Answer: be patient, give option, ignore them when possible. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic. I suggest you some suggestions to decrease this type of behavior. 1. Dont show attention to the child behavior and try to ignore it. Shouting, punishing the child will lead to negative attention leading to increase of unwanted behavior. 2. Try to give some control over small things and choices to respect their autonomy. 3. Keep the objects out off the sight of the child. 4. Try to distract the attention of the child. 5. Help the child to over come the problem and praise if the child tries to do so. 6. Conside the chil request if it is reasonably appropriate. Hope the suggestions will help you to deal with the child behavior. Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know. Regards.
People also viewed
- What problems mustribution gives
- Reflux and runny nappies
- Why did liver enzymes rise suddenly stopped hcg
- Can soframycin be used for nappy rash
- How to deal with child abuse
- Chronic rhinitis decreased hearing will nasal spray clear this up
- Itching inside penis no burning on urination cause of concern
- Pin prick nappy rash
- Sporlac tablets name in singapore
- Xyy syndrome and the aggressive behavior how to deal
- Continuous bleeding after hysterescopy what should i do
- How to deal with aggression and depression
- Child has fever should levoriz be continued
- How to restrain an aggressive child
- How to deal with shivering child