How to deal with an aggressive behaviour in a child?

Feb 2013

Helo, My daughter, 5 yrs old, is keep on asking if she wants something and starts shouting crying. She does not listen whatever we tell to her. Even if we tell her later also, she is repeating this. At most of the times, we lose our patience. I dont know how to handle this. How to make her calm? Or how to make her to listen to us? Should we respond to her immediately or should we let her to cry? Thanks.
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 1 hour later
Brief Answer: be patient, give option, ignore them when possible. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic. I suggest you some suggestions to decrease this type of behavior. 1. Dont show attention to the child behavior and try to ignore it. Shouting, punishing the child will lead to negative attention leading to increase of unwanted behavior. 2. Try to give some control over small things and choices to respect their autonomy. 3. Keep the objects out off the sight of the child. 4. Try to distract the attention of the child. 5. Help the child to over come the problem and praise if the child tries to do so. 6. Conside the chil request if it is reasonably appropriate. Hope the suggestions will help you to deal with the child behavior. Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know. Regards.