How to cure red spot on the penis?

how to cure red spot on the penies
Posted Thu, 2 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: More details required Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your concern regarding your skin condition and I hope I am able to help you in the same. Now see there can be many many causes of the presentation as described by you. I would like to have a look at the exact skin condition so that I can help you more. Please click some close up pictures of the exact skin condition and upload them here on this page. You can also mail the pictures at YYYY@YYYY with heading as ref to Dr Geetika Paul. Also let me know the details about the development of this lesion. Since when do you have this. Is there any associated pain or itching or discomfort. I am sure I would be able to help you more once you follow up with the pictures and the above details. Dr Geetika Paul
Follow-up: How to cure red spot on the penis? 1 hour later
no pain or itching or discomfort and it not herpes I have herpes its a red shine red spot about the size of a half a dime its of the side of the head of my penies I just want to know if there is something I can do at home before a go to the doctor
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 14 hours later
Brief Answer: Mild fungal infection Detailed Answer: Hi again See red spots on the penis head means that there is some sort of an inflammation taking place. In other words, it can be a sign of an infection. Now the most common infection leading to such presentation is a mild fungal infection of the penile region which is candidiasis. You should keep the affected area clean and dry. Clean it with lukewarm saline water twice a day. Apply a topical antifungal cream like clotrimazole over the affected area twice a day. Do not apply any other cream or oils over the affected area. Hope it helps Please ask if you have any other query Dr Geetika Paul