How to cure purple spots in the left eye ?

what could seeing a purple spot in the left eye line of sight mean
30 yrs old
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 6 hours later

Purple spot in the line of vision or other colored spots are most often harmless. Ordinary eye floaters and colored spots are very common and usually aren't cause for alarm.

Please allow me to ask few questions here:
1) Do you have associated headache? - A possible reason of migraine
2) Do these spots interfere with vision? - A vitreous liquefaction
3) Do they simmer and march across the eye? - Common and more prominent when you see bright light or computer screen
4) Did you notice them suddenly? - This warrants an examination by doctor, this can be a sign of retinal tear. With no added history I cannot rule this out.

Allergy to dust and pollen if they cause rhinitis and excessive watering from eyes can cause such spots. However an examination by an Ophthalmologist (not a primary) is absolutely helpful.

Hope I answered your query. I shall be available for your follow ups.