How to cure problem of blocked nose causing breathing problem?

I have trouble breathing from my nose, it always feels blocked and very dry inside
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Need evaluation... Detailed Answer: Hi, Blocked nose occur due to various conditions. From your question, it looks like this symptom has been there with you for months or probably years together. If I am wrong and you have this problem only for the last few days, don't be worried; it should pass off soon. On the contrary, chronic nasal blockage needs to be evaluated. Nasivion nasal drops that contain oxymetazoline can cause dryness; therefore I recommend its use only for a week, NOT MORE. Stop using it if you are using them for more than 1 week. Use steam inhalation instead. That being said, it is advisable to consult an ENT surgeon. A detailed nasal examination and X-rays/endoscopy will help you identify the root cause of this problem and thereby the right treatment. Hope this helps. Regards
Follow-up: How to cure problem of blocked nose causing breathing problem? 11 minutes later
Thanks XXXXXXX i will contact ENT specialist soon. Because it is happening frequently during night times.
Answered by Dr. Prasad 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: Welcome... Detailed Answer: Yes, contact an ENT surgeon and plan the right treatment to solve this concern. Please close this discussion if you have no more questions. Regards