Ask a Urologist   »  

How to cure numbness on penis and testicle?

Question
hi i am 19 years old i have a numbness problem on my penis and testicles! How can I cure this?
Posted Sun, 24 Mar 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 18 minutes later

You have not mentioned whether you are sexually active. If you are sexually active then STD’s like Chlamydia and Gonorrhea should be ruled out by a STD panel testing. If STD is totally ruled out, then the numbness of penis can be due to an allergic reaction (say to body lotions, condoms, soaps etc) or it can be a skin condition like eczema, dermatitis etc.

Other causes are diabetes, peripheral vascular disease, nerve compressionor malnutrition. Bacterial urethritis can also cause this and recurrent UTI’s may be attributing to the same.

It is an inflammation of the urethra.It can be due to STD’S like Chlamydia or gonorrhea,chemical irritation caused by soaps,lotions etc,masturbation and bacterial infections of the urethra.

In urethritis the diagnosis can be made only by the proper collections of urine specimens from both the urethra and the bladder. These specimens will reveal the presence of white blood cells in the urethral washings, while the midstream (bladder) specimen will be free of cells.Also other tests that need to be done are swab samples and blood tests.

You should eat a healthy diet consisting more of meat and non veg products which are XXXXXXX sources of vitamin B 12. If you are a vegetarian then you can take vitamin B 12 supplements after consulting your physician. Wear cotton clothes and use mild soaps like Dove. Also get your blood sugar levels checked.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us.

I will be happy to answer your queries.

Follow-up: How to cure numbness on penis and testicle? 2 hours later
If it was rough masturbation would the numbness be present the same day or three days later? Are there any creams or solutions that can help? Will it eventually go away (temporary) or is there a possibility that it will be there for the rest of my life?

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 2 days later

Thanks for writing back to me.

In case of rough masturbation, numbness can present the same day or the next day. It is less likely to present after 3 days.

First if all, don’t use any cosmetics on the penis,instead use some topical antimicrobials like Bacitracin or Lotrimin.Also clean penis and foreskin and wear cotton clothes. You can take the vitamin b 12 supplements.

It should go away if it is due to vitamin B deficiency or trauma to the penis.

I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good healt