How to cure headaches in diabetes patients ?

Sir,My father is suffering from CAD/CKD/Diabatic metabolism since last 10 years,since last four months he has headache,we have taken all the actions suggested by the doctors like MRI,Xray,CT Brain but nothing is find, May i be suggested action to be taken in due course.He is 62 years old
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sunil.N 15 hours later

There can be several reasons for headache, and in many cases it is difficult to pinpoint an exact causes. Since your father has undergone several tests like MRI, X XXXXXXX CT, I think we can be fairly sure that there is no underlying neurological cause for his headache. Yet, since he is a diabetic it is important that we make sure that his headache is not related to one if the following conditions that cause headache in diabetics:
1.High blood sugars levels.
3.Fungal sinusitis.

I suggest you to discuss the following test with your treating physician to find the cause of headache.
1. A complete check up of Eyes should be done.Intraocular pressure should be measured.
2. A parasinus X XXXXXXX or limited cuts of Parasinus CT should be done to rule out Fungal sinusitits.
3. Keeping blood sugars normalised and monitoring using FBS and PPBS.
4. Screening for depression.

Meanwhile you can use home remedies for relieving headache such as eucalyptus oil massage. OTC pain relieving medicines can also be used.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.

Follow-up: How to cure headaches in diabetes patients ? 2 days later
Sir,Thanks for your reply,I am based in dawarka,delhi,Please suggest me to whom should i contact or who are the specialist
Answered by Dr. Sunil.N 7 hours later

Thanks for your follow up.

Your father's health care should be dealt by a team of doctors which includes a Physician/ diabetologist , Nephrologist , ENT specialist. Eye checkup should be done by an ophthalmologist.

I am not the best person to recommend doctors in Delhi as I don't know much about your city. However, here is one of the ENT specialists in your city.

Dr (Mrs) VM XXXXXXX Katiyar
ENT Surgeon ENT surgeries including endoscopic surgeries and Advanced ENT and Oncological (Head & Neck) surgeries.
Address : VISITNG CONSULTANT AT 1. Arcus Superspeciality Centre, Sec 4, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Galaxy (Sun - 5.30 to 7 PM)
Phone : 0000

You can also search for specialists in Delhi on WWW.WWWW.WW (and also read patient reviews).