Ask a Dentist   »  

How to cure half broken teeth close to gum?

Dentist, Prosthodontics
Hi a tooth broke in a hlaf close to the gum 24 hours ago, i dont feel any pain at the moment, but i cant find any dentist available in my area at the moment becausew of the hollidays, my dentist will be there XXXXXXX 7th only.. Can i wait till then or is it XXXXXXX for infection, my gum looks fine and its not bleeding or anything .
Posted Mon, 14 Jan 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Shivangi Gajwani Jain 21 minutes later

If the tooth is root canal treated and has fractured then there should be no pain at all as the tooth does not have nerves inside.
Otherwise, the tooth may cause pain and infection due to food lodgement. Ideally, you must visit a dentist but as you mentioned that your dentist is not available till 7th XXXXXXX then you must strive to keep the area clean by regular brushing in the area along with the use of a good mouthwsh.
If any discomfort starts i would recommend you to visit a dentist who will start with antibiotics to stop the infection before starting any form of treatment.

If you have any more queries, i'll be happy to help.