How to cure giddiness related to stress and anxiety ?

Psychiatrist
Question
MY MOTHER IS FEELING GIDDINESS SINCE LAST 4 DAYS AND FEELING TYPICAL SENSATION IN RIGHT PART OF THE BODY. ONCE SHE FELL DOWN ALSO. PL TELL ME WHETHER I SHOULD SHOW HER A NEURO PHYSICIAN. SHE HAS BEEN CHECKED BY PHYSICIAN BUT NO RELIEF.
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Anxiety and Stress

Answered by Dr. Abhijeet Deshmukh, 1 hour later
Hello Mr XXXXXXX

Before I can provide you with a better suggestion, can you please mention some more information as follows?

1) Have any laboratory tests been done? If yes, was there any significant finding?

2) Did the Physician order any tests such as ECG, X-ray, etc.?

3) Does your mother have any past history of similar episodes of falling down and the sensation on one side of the body?

4) She seems to have been diagnosed with High blood pressure. Can you mention since when she is taking the Amlopin? And apart from this, does she have any other physical condition such as Diabetes, Anemia, etc. ?

5) Is she going through any stress or anxiety in her life?

Based on this information, I would be able to give you a better answer. Hope you can reply with the information. Take care.

Abhijeet Deshmukh, MD

Follow-up: How to cure giddiness related to stress and anxiety ? 6 hours later
Dear doctor,

Today she was seen by a neurophysician Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX (Surat). He visited here Vyara. He suggested for CT scan (brain). It was done at Vyara and found every thing normal. He suggested to be admitted at XXXXXXX hospital (Dr. Abhay Shah, MD, medicine) under his guidance. He also suggested blood test which is to be carried out.

Answered by Dr. Abhijeet Deshmukh, 3 hours later
Dear Mr XXXXXXX

Thank you for the update. I hope she will be thoroughly evaluated at the hospital. Your mother's symptoms are recent. It is less likely that they are due to any long standing illness. The cause is likely to be a recent one. I hope clinical evaluation might throw some light on the cause.

When all the medical causes have been ruled out, you can consider the role of stress or anxiety or depression. Meanwhile, if you think you have some more information to share, as per the points mentioned in the previous reply, you can write them.

Take care. Hope your mother recovers soon.

Abhijeet Deshmukh, MD