How to control weight gain and hair loss?

Ayurveda Specialist
In recent times i am putting on weight gradually Can you kindly suggest me how to control my weight.I am 154 cm and I weigh 65 kgs.Kindly let me know the tips to reduce weight and can you let me know how to control the hair fall,my hair density is going down gradually
Posted Sun, 24 Feb 2013 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul 3 hours later

Thanks for asking.

When weight gain and hair fall are coming together, we need to rule out involvement of thyroid. Kindly mail if you have ever got your thyroid profile done. I will advise in detail after hearing from you.

Waiting for your response.

Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul
Follow-up: How to control weight gain and hair loss? 41 hours later
Thank you sir for answering.No,I have not got it done.Hair loss is since earlier than weight gain.
Answered by Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul 2 hours later

There is different reason for weight gain. This can be as a result of some disease, or interaction with some drug or hereditary reason or related to diet or lack of exercise. The basic thing is you get the cause treat it and all rest will get normal. If cause is unknown then there are different methods to reduce it.

First is by dietary check, then exercise then by medicines. The amounts of calories you take daily have to be burnt by exercise. If you have sedentary life style then these added calories add a lot to weight. The golden formula here is to have meals and only meals and nothing but meals .Meaning no tea no soft drinks no fast food no snacks, no fruits etc. Have more water and keep your bowel clean. Brisk walk or jogging is an ideal way to lose weight. Simplest medicine to start with is Medhohar guggul.

Behind all this, a strong will to lose weight and regular adherence to schedule is a must.

As far as your problem of hair fall is concerned, again it has various factors as thyroid lack of calcium dandruff, excessive use of chemical based shampoo etc. You can add tab. XXXXXXX pishti.

I will advise you to get your thyroid profile done.

Wish you a perfectly healthy life.

Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul