How to control my thyroid level?

my thyroid has incresed too much i checked with dr he said take does of 75mg im taking thyronorm, please suggest my weight is loosing day by dy,Please suggest what food i have to take what precaution i have to take to control this
Posted Sat, 1 Feb 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Eat a balanced meal. Detailed Answer: Dear Ma'm, Hi! if i got you right, you were diagnosed with hypothyroidism, and your doctor started you on thyronorm 75 mcg. after starting the medicine you started losing weight. if this is correct then there is nothing unusual and nothing to worry. yoour weight gain was because of hypothyroidism and once thyroid balance is achieved your previous weight will be attained. but if i have made any mistake in interpreting your query then let me know your exact report and your height and weight too. diet is not something specific in thyroid dysfunction. you need to eat a healthy diet to avoid gaining weight as thyroid disorder itself makes you gain weight. Regards!
Follow-up: How to control my thyroid level? 11 minutes later
hi mam in my case my thyroid is increased and after taking medicne also my weight is loosing .my throid is 19.71.attached is my recently reports please check my height is 5.1 and my weight is only 46 kg.please understnd im not gaining any weight im just loosing my weight
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: need a second opinion. Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX I think you should go for a second test in a different lab. This time test TSH and FT4 , complete picture. then tell me the reports. if you take this report to be right, then also dose is very high for you. you should start with 25 mcg instead of 75 mcg. symptoms of hypothyroidism are - lethatgy, wt gain, constipation , hair fall , irregular periods. do you have any? look for symptoms and not the report. there can be errors. All the best.
Follow-up: How to control my thyroid level? 2 minutes later
i have done the same few days back in that report it shows TSH is 13. post that after a week i have done this test.yes im facing a problem of irregular peroids
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Start the treatment. Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX , in that case you must start the treatment. but let the starting dose be 25 mcg. retest after 6 weeks and get back to me. Regards!