How to control my asthma?

I had asthma as a child and for 50 years I did experience any asthmatic experiences-then last year I developed a bad asthmatic cough which has resulted in my inability to play tennis and other strenuous activities
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Increase dose of symbicort.Salbutamol.Warm up exer Detailed Answer: Hi, thanks for using HCM. I went through the query and understood your concern. The symptoms suggests that you are not well controlled for asthma. The drugs you are taking singulair and symbicort are the good drugs to prevent the future asthmatic exacerbations. So now since you are not controlled with the above mentioned drugs you can follow the following measures 1. Continue singulair 10mg once daily. 2. If asthma affects more than 2 times per week then increase to dosage of symbicort inhaler or increase the frequency. 3. If asthma affects only during sports or strenous activities, then do some warm up exercise and can take short acting beta agonists like salbutamol inhaler inhalation before the activities. 4. Do regular breathing exercises.(pranayama) Hope this information helps you. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Regards