How to control excessive masturbation and concentrate on other things?

Hi....i am XXXX 26 years old , i am working in one private company .i got one problem that is masturbation became habit for me from last 5 to 6 years, due to that i could not concentrate on other things, Please advice how can i control that....?
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Positive thinking.Social life.Remove trigers guilt Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for using XXXXXXX I went through the query and understood your concern. First of all I wish to tell you that Masturbation is common among young males in their teenage and it does not have any bad effects on health and does not lead to any medical problems. Since you are feeling that your masturbation is excessive or difficult to control or interfering with your normal functioning, you can try the following suggestions: Improve your social life. Spend more time with friends and relatives, go for outings or group activities and keep yourself busy. If you keep staying alone in your room, you are more prone to engage in masturbation. Practice early to bed and early from bed. Before sleeping plan for next day early morning activity. Keep your mind active and occupied at all times like learning something new ( new sport or a musical instrument). This will keep your mind form being idle and prevent developing frequent sexual thoughts which is the cause for masturbation. Regular physical exercises like early morning exercises. This will keep your body healthy and your mind fresh. You can try yoga and meditation. Remove the triggers of masturbation like pornographic material, internet pornography etc. This will help you. For now stop thinking and feeling guilty about this all the time. The more you think about it, the more compulsive it becomes. So, get rid of the guilt in your mind and keep your mind relaxed. If you feel that you need professional help, then please don't hesitate to consult a psychiatrist for further personal counselling. Hope this information helps you. Feel free to ask if any query and I wil be glad to help you. Regards