How to control cholesterol levels?

Hi' My self XXXX, as part of body checkup all things are fone except Cholsterol and LDL cholestrol is high( 209 and 150). Please suggest to reduce and control.
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in Cholesterol
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: Diet and exercise Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX Your total cholesterol is little bit out of range. Your LDL cholesterol is 150 and medicines are started when the level exceeds 190 mg/dl. Thus I would not suggest any medicines to you but you need to change your lifestyle. Lifestyle change should help decrease the LDL levels. My advise is as follows: - Avoid fatty and high calorie foods like milk products (cheese, butter, ghee, cream, icecream, sweets, chocolates, paranthas, etc). These foods need to be avoided at all times. Increase the consumption of fruits and vegetables to upto 5 times a day. Low salt and low sugar diet should be taken. - Daily exercise is essential. Exercise for upto 20 min a day. It can include aerobic exercises, gym, walk, yoga, swimming, cycling, etc. Do not overexert at any exercise and take a small snack before exercising. - Regularly check your blood pressure and fasting blood sugars. - Check your lipid profile again in 6 months. Hope it helps. Dr Vaishalee