How to control belly fat?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
May be a silly thing to ask, but I believe it ti be a very common worry among IT Employees... Its the concern on their belly fat. Please help us your thought on bringing it under control. Thanks.
Posted Sat, 11 Jan 2014 in Weight

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
Brief Answer: lifestyle modifications Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Lifestyle modifications can help in reducing the abdominal fat. Like : - Avoid prolong sitting. Try to walk for 5 to 10 minutes after every 2 hours of sitting. -Avoid fast foods, take fruits, vegetables, low fat milk, plenty of water. -Decreased oil and salt in food. -Do regular exercise. Concentrate especially on abdominal muscles. Exercises like crunches, leg raises etc will help for this. Exercises should be done at least for 45 minutes in a day for 5 days in a week. -Avoid stress and strain. -Join in group with similar intension. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.

Follow-up: How to control belly fat? 11 hours later
I've trying leg raise for about last 3 weeks but get a sense that there is no effect to it yet! And also I've started to take honey with hot water in the mornings, do you see this attempt would help me in any way..? Please let me know

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 25 hours later
Brief Answer: Diet management, exercises Detailed Answer: Hi, It may take few months to get the required results. Better to take the guidance of physical trainer in initial days. Then you can follow the steps. Honey with warm water is said to help in different ways, like: - Helps in burning fat -Improves digestion -Acts as detoxifying agent etc. So, you can continue. But along with that diet management, exercises etc are also needed. Take care.