How to confirm the paternity?

Infertility Specialist
Question
My lmp was sep.28.I had my first ultrasound on nov. 8. Dating me.5w3d..2nd was nov.22..7w3d...and dec 18..I was supposed to be 11w1d..but they put my to 11w5d..which is 4days different..I had sex with an ex on sep. 28..during my period and my current partner the whole.month of October..who's the father..and how accurate is early ultrasound.thanks..
Posted Sun, 12 Jan 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: details Detailed Answer: Hi I would like to answer in detail. Please give following information How Many days your bleeding lasts each cycle. Please mention dates of past 3 cycles which helps understand ovulation dates. Regards

Follow-up: How to confirm the paternity? 4 minutes later
I was on bcp for 7 years and stopped sep.26 after 3days ..I had my regular period on sep.17.. and start new pack on sep.23..and stopped sep.26..on sep.28 I had heavy bleeding..last 6 days..3days with really heavy flow and rest are spotting...then I found out Im pregnant..and all my ultrasound information are above with my first message..thanks

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 5 hours later
Brief Answer: current partner Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for information. You are unlikely to conceive when you are bleeding in menses. Hence possibility of pregnancy ftom sex in 28 September is almost nil. Hence your current partner is father of child. Ultrasound shows one week difference. So its acceptable. Let me know if anymore doubts exist. Regards

so even though my 2nd ultrasound which is 7w3d..and my 3rd ultrasound 11w5days. .has 4days different won't affect the conception? how accurate is early ultrasound...so I can be 100% sure that its my new partners baby? i know that if I conceived on sep.28..I will more far along in my ultrasound.I just wanna put my mind at ease..pls I need further explanation.thanks

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: yes Detailed Answer: Hi First trimester ultrasound has error margin of one week means one week ahead or back. Hence you got 4 days difference on ultrasound. By all means your new partner is father of baby.

Follow-up: How to confirm the paternity? 1 hour later
so its 100% sure thats its my current partners child?..so even if its 1 w margin of error wouldn't affect it? ...

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer: yes Detailed Answer: Hi Its for sure it's current partner child Regards