How to confirm iritis, lower back pain and HLA-B 27 positive?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Chronic inflammatory low back pain onset age 15 iritis onset age 20 chronic fatigue and HLA – B 27 positive can you please confirm the diagnosis?
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: Go for anti-ccp. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your query. You have back pain, iritis and HLA -B 27 positive. You probably have ankylosing spondylitis. If you still want to confirm it, go for anti-ccp and discuss it with your doctor. I hope you have get your answer. You are welcome to ask any health related query. Thanks. Dr.Singh.

Follow-up: How to confirm iritis, lower back pain and HLA-B 27 positive? 16 minutes later
Anti-ccp mesning rheumatoid factor? Im negative. I believe with that and the previous symptoms i provided its about 99.99% Anlylosing spondylitis. One report says 84% of those with HLA-B27 and acute Iritis have AS. Thats not rven factoring in the primary symptom of low back pain.

Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: Anti-ccp is different from rheumatoid factor. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for query again. My friend anti - ccp is different from rheumatoid factor, you must consult with your doctor. Rheumatoid factor is not specific for ankylosing spondylitis. You must also consult your doctor regarding ankylosing spondylitis if you don't want to get your anti - ccp. Do not be confused my friend, you will be alright once you discuss all this with your doctor. I hope you have get your answer. You are welcome to ask any health related query. Thanks. Dr.Singh.

Follow-up: How to confirm iritis, lower back pain and HLA-B 27 positive? 44 minutes later
Ive done a ton of research on ankylosing spondylitis. I know a lot about it. I dont have a doctor to discuss this with. I have nearly every symptom of AS. In addition to previously listed symptoms, I have weight loss issues, ankle elbow chest & neck pain, and bowel issues. My back pain dates back over 31 years and the onset pain at age 15 was textbook AS (gradual, low back butt pain that alternates sides). Im constantly sick and infected as if i had an auto-immune disorder. I have no problem testing for anti-ccp but there ia a corrallation in termsof testing between the factor and anti-ccp. I read that if your factor is negative your ccp is likely to ve as well. I just think its a pretty obvious diagnosis. Thank you very much for your help Dr. XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: Anti-ccp gives definitive answer. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for query again. It is very good that you have a lot of knowledge of ankylosing spondylitis. You are intelligent person. But one thing that I want to add in your knowledge is that do not treat yourself by reading from somewhere. Anti-ccp is different from rheumatoid factor, I have seen in some of my patients with negative rheumatoid factor with positive anti-ccp report . Anti-ccp is most specific to make diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis. I am not confusing you, one thing I want to clarify that please don't make your diagnosis by reading from somewhere. I hope you have get your answer. You are welcome to ask any health related query. Thanks. Dr.Singh.