How to concieve at the age of 38?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Oct 2013
Oct 2013
Excellent

Question
Hi I am trying to conceive but it is just not happening, can it be pure and simply I am not having enough intercourse to get caught. I have been sexually active since I was 26 and I 38 now never really been very sexually active like once or twice a month, even missing a few months. I am now wanting to get pregnant so to get pregnant can it me as simple as more interaction with each other. I have only ever had one partner and that is my husband.
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Namala Bharadwaj 15 days later
Brief Answer: yes, increase number of intercourse during fertile Detailed Answer: Hello dear XXXX Thanks for your query at XXXXXXX I understand your concern. There are chances of natural conceiving are present for you. Age is not limitation for natural conception. In your case problem might be because of less number of intercourse , once or twice intercourse in a month will have very less chances of conception. We have already discussed in previously through query that your reports are with in normal range . My recommendation for you will be increase number of intercourse during fertile periods and follow healthy food habits. If natural conception is not possible you can try In vitro fertilization ( IVF ) for conception. Hope I answered your query . Regards.

Follow-up: How to concieve at the age of 38? 18 hours later
Hi My husband has cut down on smoking from 30 a day to 20 a day and now drinks within the alcohol guidelines apart from a Saturday. Do you think this could be a major cause as I know many people who have got pregnant drinking and smoking more. He wont have a semen analysis. Thanks

Answered by Dr. Namala Bharadwaj 3 hours later
Brief Answer: alcohol and smoke might not been cause. Detailed Answer: Hello dear Thanks for your query at chm, I understand your concern. Your husband is doing excellent job and supporting your cause and reducing number of cigarette consumption and alcohol consumption. I think that might not been be the major problem preventing pregnancy in your case. How ever it would be more helpful if your husband can get semen analysis. Hope i answered your query . Regards.

Follow-up: How to concieve at the age of 38? 26 minutes later
Thank you so much for your help and I am much more positive at conceiving naturally. Thank youDo you think my weight could be a problem I currently weigh 17stone 2 pounds and I am trying to lose weight

Answered by Dr. Namala Bharadwaj 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: weight might not be cause for infertitlity in you. Detailed Answer: Hello dear Thanks for your query at XXXXXXX I do not think weight could not been major problem, your weighing around 17 stones that is not over weight or very obese nor might be cause for non conception. hope i answered your query . regards.

Follow-up: How to concieve at the age of 38? 27 minutes later
So you do see with my concerns and reports that I can conceive naturally with more regular intercourse. Clearblue Fertility Monitor does not always show ovulation is this reliable or would you just have regular intercourse and let nature take its course

Answered by Dr. Namala Bharadwaj 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: still chances of natural conception are there. Detailed Answer: Hello dear XXXX Thanks for your concern. After seeing your reports and query , you still have chances of natural conception. You just need to increase number of inter courses during fertile period and let nature take its course. Wishing you all the best for conception. Regards.

Follow-up: How to concieve at the age of 38? 18 minutes later
What about the Clearblue Fertility Monitor not showing ovulation?

Answered by Dr. Namala Bharadwaj 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: many factors influence, ultrasound is better. Detailed Answer: Hello dear XXXXXXX There are many factors that can influence performance of Clear blue fertility monitor like length of menstrual cycle, age, drugs, other medical conditions. If that monitor is consistently not showing ovulation you can consult a gynaecologist and confirm ovulation by ultrasound which is more accurate that clear blue method. Regards,