How to conceive?

I am trying to conceive. My doctor suggested me to go for follicular study. on 9th day of my mesnstrual cycle, the largest follicle size was found to be only 7-8mm in both of the ovaries even after taking Injection Lupi FSH 75 on 2nd, 4th, 6th, 7th, 8th day. kindly suggest what to do now
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later
Brief Answer: repeat cycle Detailed Answer: Hello, Your dominant follicle size has to be at least 18-22 mm for ovulation. The size you had is inadequate. You need to repeat the ovulation induction drugs. You may need at least 3-6 cycles before you get any results. Follicular monitoring should be done day7,9,11,13,15. You drug dosage also may need to be increased gradually. You need to be patient. It will take time to get the desired results. Also take tablet duphaston 10mg from day 16-25.
Follow-up: How to conceive? 23 hours later
I want to know the cause of this problem.moderate growth of bacteria was seen in semen culture of my partner. Thats why I would like to know whether it is related with bacterial infection
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 10 hours later
Brief Answer: prostatitis??? Detailed Answer: Semen culture showing bacteria usually means prostrate infection . Antibiotics is the treatment for that . But it's not related to your ovulation problem. You have anovulation ie, no ovulation . That occurs due to hormone deficiency which you are getting in the form of injections . For adequate ovulation it has to be continued .