How to conceive at the age of 40?

Mar 2013
Hello, I am on cd 27. Since cd 19 I have been getting positive opks. I use the clearblue fertility monitor that has stayed at a high this whole time. I use the clear blue fertility advanced and has been at a peak since cd19 I also use clear blue ovulation with the solid smiley and it has been positive ever since cd 19. Could this be a pregnancy sign? Anyone else experience this? I have tried temping but my sleep pattern was bad and can't get good temps. I am looking for any advice anyone can give. Thank you.
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: EXPLAINED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. The monitors that you mention are not very specific or precise. At 40, if you are trying to conceive, you should be going for something much more reliable. I would suggest going in for follicular monitoring. This is the most objective and reliable method for tracking the growth of the egg follicle and for checking for ovulation. In this, the ovaries are serially monitored with ultrasound scans, and hence ovulation is directly observed. This is better than the kits which have a lot of false positives and false negatives . Are you having regular cycles ? If yes, and if you have been sexually active all this while, chances of conception are high. BUt you would know for sure only when you miss your periods and take a test. If you fail this month, go for folliculometry from next month onwards. All the best. Please feel free to revert.