How to completely eradicate long-standing wheezing problem?

My wife 37 years old, having wheezing problems for more than 7 years,all the medicines which she took so far are only for temporary cure only i wish to eradicate the problem competely can any doctor help me XXXXXXX Saudi arabia
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 9 minutes later
Persistent wheezing is most commonly seen due to asthma and allergic disorders. In these cases prevention is always better than cure. The only way to cure it is to avoid exposure to the allergens and causative factors at all costs. There are some general measures that can help you in reducing the problem-
1. Avoid dust, excessive humidity, sudden change in temperatures and any known allergen.
2.Start antiallergics in combination with antiinflammatory agent like montelukast before the onset of first signs and symptoms
3.She should try steam inhalation. Inhaling steam from a bowl of hot (but not boiling water) may help to soften, and loosen, the buildup of mucus in your nose. You may also find that adding some menthol crystals, or eucalyptus oil, to the water helps a lot. Other than that, she should avoid eating indigestible, spicy, foods and meats and eat simple wholesome foods.
4.Out-of-door exercise, sunbaths and swimming also help a lot.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.

Follow-up: How to completely eradicate long-standing wheezing problem? 2 days later
What type of foods specificaly she should avoid&what type of foods she should compulsorily take to get the required energy during that time because she is very weak on that particualar timings.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
During the wheezing she should avoid oily and spicy foods. Taking a high protein diet like eggs, meat, milk and milk products, a high vitamin C supplements will help in her early recovery.
Hope my answer is helpful. Write back if you have further queries.
Wishing your wife a trouble free speedy recovery.