How to check virginity of a girl?

Hi, My Girlfriend claims to be virgin. I recently was in bed with her and tried to insert single finger. after nearly two inches, i faced a very impenetrable membrane(wall like feeling), does it confirm her viriginity or atleast gives some clue. Could she be tighting it with voluntary actions. pls help
Posted Wed, 12 Dec 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed 3 hours later
Hello there.

Thanks for writing.

If you felt resistance to your finger it could be that she is a virgin.
This can be differentiated from voluntary actions of tightening by looking for stiffening of the thigh. However this stiffening can also occur when your insertion is painful for her.

A local examination by the doctor can make it much clear about her virginity. There are genital and extra genital signs of virginity all of which are taken into consideration.

Follow-up: How to check virginity of a girl? 18 hours later
Hello Dr. Asra,

Thanks for the response.

With regards to your response, I can confidently say there was no tightening of thigh muscles, but she felt pain when I
tried to insert my finger, even my nail going in the opening she would complain.

Now if we talk of medical examination,what is the probability such tests are recognized by medical fraternity as conclusive.
Can you help with some reputed Hospitals in Delhi carrying such procedure. Moreover do they give compete observations
point-wise before they conclude something concrete.

Is is possible for me to see any sign on extra genital part.

Answered by Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed 5 hours later
Hello there,

There is no test which can concretely prove virginity as it is mainly based on HISTORY and PHYSICAL EXAMINATION. Moreover an examination for the same needs a strong indication like history of abuse by any standard hospital.

The signs be it genital or extra genital can be interpreted only by a doctor.

Follow-up: How to check virginity of a girl? 2 hours later

Does vaginoplasty make a vaginal orifice tight like a virgin as described for a finger test above.
Is it possible for a doctor while examining find out vaginoplasty or hymenoplasty has been performed earlier.

Answered by Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed 13 hours later

Vaginoplasty does not restore hymen. It is done in cases where there is absence of vagina due to birth defects. No doctor would perform a vaginoplasty just to make the orifice tight.

Hymenorrhapy is the procedure to reconstruct the hymen.

Yes it is possible to know.
Follow-up: How to check virginity of a girl? 25 hours later

I think this should be a last query, hopefully.

If somebody has been having sex for nearly one year and lets say there is a complete abstinence period for the next subsequent 2 years, is it possible the vagina can restore to its original state, as described above ( i mean finger test).
Answered by Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed 4 hours later

No, the vagina does not regain its original state once a person becomes sexually active.