How to change the habit of a child eating hair and biting nails?
User rating for this question
Hi, My daughter, 5 yrs old, is having a habit of eating hair. Also she bites her nail n eat that. How to change this habit? And, now-a-days she is telling often that she feels stomach pain. That too especially after having her food. I am confused and worried. Is that because of her habit? Thanks.
Posted Fri, 27 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: Relax. Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. These habits are sometimes seen in early childhood. But I suggest you to do following things -try to ignore her habit and do not scold her for doing this as it will potentiate her habit. -whenever you see him doing such activity divert her attention to something constructive as playing,building blocks. - give her some incentives for not doing this like taking her for outing/telling stories/giving her some food items of her choice. Observe her behavior for sometime . Regarding her pain abdomen pain I suggest you to get her examined by pediatrician as sometimes ultrasound of abdomen is required to rule out any underlying condition. Hope I have answered your query.If you have any follow up question I would be glad to help. Wishing your child good health. God bless...
People also viewed
- Trimovate and contraceptive pill
- Ambrolite d syrup usese and side effects
- How long does it take nails to heal after nail biting
- How to overcome the habit of nail biting
- Ambrolite cough with phlegm
- Meprate as oral contraceptive
- Nail changes in hyperthyroidism
- Treatment for nail biting habit
- Glumetza nail changes fungus
- Ambrodil s syrup solvin
- Ambrodil syrup is for what purpose
- Can penetrating the virgina thrice contract hiv
- Levest contraceptive pill side effects to skin
- Ambrolite for 2 years baby
- Best contraceptive pills for white smoother skin