How to calculate ovulation date?

Question
How to calculate Ovulation date?My wife's last 3 period dates are as follows.
24th Dec
31st XXXXXXX
05th Mar
From the above dates how can I calculate my wife's Ovulation date?
Posted Mon, 25 Mar 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 15 minutes later

Ovulation usually occurs 14 days before the onset of the next cycle. In a normal 28-day cycle, this usually occurs around the mid-cycle. Fertile days are those that are around this ovulation period and usually in a regular 26-35 day cycle, they are considered to be from day 11-21.

Looking at your wife's dates, it is obvious that she is having 35-37 day cycles. As such her ovulation dates would fall around 20 days after the first day of the last cycle, i.e., say she might have had ovulation around 18th Feb. in the last cycle. An ovum remains alive for a maximum of 24 hours and sperms can remain active for 3-5 days in the natural environment.

Hope I have answered your query. If you need further clarifications, please feel free to contact me. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.

Follow-up: How to calculate ovulation date? 26 minutes later
Dear Madam,

So my wife's next Ovulation date may be within 24-27 March?Is it correct?

Thanks for writing back.

If predicted by the current cycle calender, she may get her next period around 8th -10th of April. So, her probable ovulation dates would be as you predicted. Please note that the range here would be from day 16-25 after the first day of last cycle, i.e., 5th March.

Hope I have made it clear. If you have further queries, please feel free and ask. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.

Follow-up: How to calculate ovulation date? 6 minutes later
Thank you Madam

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 19 minutes later

You are most welcome. You may rate this answer if you wish. You may contact me any time if you need any more clarifications.

regards,
Shanti.V.