How to calculate due date based on conception date?

Good afternoon, I have a question, I’m constantly thinking about it, I am 23 weeks pregnant with my daughter. My due date is 04/10/13. I had my LMP in July right around the 15th until the 17th I had one day of normal bleeding and a day or two of pretty light bleeding/spotting, I was dieting pretty strictly and so stressed out about my upcoming wedding, I didn’t think the light period was odd. Because my husband is in the Military, There is only so many days we could have conceived. The first date would be: July 4th in the morning. I took Plan B the evening of the 5th, as I was trying to find a different birth control method at that time, and we did not use any. I was with my Husband again, July 18th through the 23rd, where conception could have happened any of those days. I got a positive pregnancy test August 20th 2013. Based off my LMP my OBGYN placed my due date: 04/21/13. I went in for my first ultra sound, at what we thought was 12 weeks 1 day. This was October 8th. At that visit they determined I was actually 13 weeks 5 days, and they changed my due date to: 04/10/13. I went in: 11/12/13. For my second ultrasound, where my due date did not change. I was told I conceived around: 07/20/13 which makes sense, but based off my LMP it means I would have had to ovulate early, and 11 days is a very large difference. I went in 12/11 for my third ultrasound at 22 weeks 6 days, My daughter was measuring at about 1 pound 3 ounces only slight below average for 23 weeks. Im nervous, because I know my first ultrasound wasnt done within the first 12 weeks, While my regular doctor and ultrasound tech told me, it really is very unlikely I conceived around the 4th of July, and that 14-16 days between possible conception dates is more than enough time to determine accurate gestational age, I saw another doctor yesterday (my regular doctor was in labor) and she told me at 13 weeks it could be off by more than 2 weeks. That made me lose sleep! Could my due date be around: 03/27/13?
Posted Fri, 3 Jan 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Your due date is 04/10/14 Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. At 13 weeks of gestation the chances of error in the calculation of date is not more than 5-6 days. You have most likely conceived around 20th July. The mild bleeding that you had on 15th-17th July could be due to a hormonal imbalance caused by diet restrictions and stress or a delayed bleeding due to the use of I-pill in the previous cycle. Since two ultrasound scans have confirmed your due date on 10th April you can rely on that. Please do not worry. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL
Follow-up: How to calculate due date based on conception date? 14 minutes later
Thank you, so much.So my coception dates would be between: 07/12 and 07/26
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes. Detailed Answer: You are welcome. Your conception dates are between 14th July and 27th July. Since your bleeding stopped on 17th July, the conception most likely has happened after 17th July. Hope my answer is helpful. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health. Regards