How to build muscles and improve my stamina while suffering from joint pain?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I wanted eliminate the contominations from my body especially from my joints. Because I have heavy Joint pains in all the area of my body. Cuase I am very much interested in sports athlete body building (Gymnastic). But now a days due to heavy joint pains and due to a pain while doing normal stretching. Even i cannot bend my wrists for push-ups :( Wanted to lose weight and need your advise to practice for Muscle growth and increase Stamina and improve my immunity Mostly I wanted eliminate the contominations from my body especially from my joints. Because I have heavy Joint pains at Wrist, Hand & Leg Elbows, . Please help...
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 25 hours later
Brief Answer: Some advice to make the life better Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. Joint pains in young can be due to autoimmune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, gout, inflammatory diseases like SLE, bursitis, fibromyalgia, etc. To pinpoint the diagnosis, complete physical examination and investigations like complete blood counts, ESR, RA factor, CRP, serum uric acid, serum creatinine, X-ray and MRI joints from a rheumatologist are needed. I would also like to give some advice to make the life better and to fight with these pains- Do regular physiotherapy of joints. Hot fomentation to decrease the joint stiffness Hot bath of Epsom salts (magnesium sulphate)-Magnesium has both anti-inflammatory and anti- arthritic properties and it can be absorbed through the skin. You can take Vit.D and calcium supplements. Routine physical activity is always advised as this will prevent stiffness from aggravating. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care