How to avoid unwanted pregnancy?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Question
Brief Answer: EMERGENCY CONTRACEPTION CAN BE TAKEN Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. It is now more than 72 hours since you had unprotected intercourse. Technically it is late to take the emergency contraceptive. However, you can try taking emergency contraceptive ( like the I pill ) , as sometimes extended effect can be seen upto 120 hours. So take the medication. Other than that, nothing can be done . Wait for your periods, and if you skip them, take a pregnancy test. All the best Please feel free to discuss further. As I said, try taking the I pill as a last resort precautionary measure. Edit Delete Current Tags :
Posted Fri, 24 Jan 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: EMERGENCY CONTRACEPTION CAN BE TAKEN Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. It is now more than 72 hours since you had unprotected intercourse. Technically it is late to take the emergency contraceptive. However, you can try taking emergency contraceptive ( like the I pill ) , as sometimes extended effect can be seen upto 120 hours. So take the medication. Other than that, nothing can be done . Wait for your periods, and if you skip them, take a pregnancy test. All the best Please feel free to discuss further. As I said, try taking the I pill as a last resort precautionary measure. Edit Delete Current Tags :