How to avoid unwanted pregnancy after having unprotected sex?

hi had intercourse 2days without contraceptive and didnt had any pills also....please help
Posted Wed, 26 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need details... Detailed Answer: Hi, I presume you aren't prepared for pregnancy. Chances of pregnancy depend on whether or not you are fertile. May I know if you have regular periods? If yes, then when was your last menstrual cycle and when do you expect to have the next period. If you are not on your period days and do not wish to conceive you can use emergency contraceptive pills ((i pill) now. It lowers the chances of pregnancy by more than 80%. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards
Follow-up: How to avoid unwanted pregnancy after having unprotected sex? 4 minutes later
Periods are regular..... Iast month sixth was the date.... I don't want a pregnancy now... can I have contraceptive pills today??
Answered by Dr. Prasad 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: Effective if used within 72 hours.... Detailed Answer: It is not very clear from your question when were you involved in unprotected intercourse. Like I said fertile days are calculated based on period dates. If your periods are very regular, and your expected date was today, then the most fertile days fall on 18th to 22nd of last month. Chances of pregnancy is very high during these days. However if you were involved in unprotected intercourse 2 days ago, you can use the emergency contraceptive pill (i-pill) now to significantly lower pregnancy. Please provide specific details about the expected date of your next period (are you over due) and when were sexually involved? Awaiting your response... Regards
Follow-up: How to avoid unwanted pregnancy after having unprotected sex? 6 minutes later
Day before yesterday and yesterday had unprotected intercourse... due day of periods is tomorrow.... if contraceptive doesn't work is there any other option to prevent it?? I don't want an immediate pregnancy...
Answered by Dr. Prasad 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: No real need for contraceptive pills... Detailed Answer: If it was yesterday and day before, the chances of pregnancy is close to zero. Be rest assured, pregnancy is very, very unlikely. But if you are overly worried, you can take the emergency contraceptive pill. It will delay your period for about a week and lower any chances of pregnancy. Hope it is clear. Regards