How to avoid stroke in future?

Nov 2013

Had a stroke in the morning on 3rd May, 2013 - was not able to move the right hand & leg and had heaviness on the right side of body. It took almost 2 weeks to diagnose (initially doctors thought it could be muscular pain) that it was a paralysis stroke as per MRI scan. Detailed report & prescribed medication attached (attachment: Dr Kalra's Test_Initial Diagnosis & Medicines.pdf) Current Medication: Ongoing_Medications.pdf Doppler Test report also attached (Doppler Test.pdf)
Posted Thu, 27 Mar 2014 in Stroke
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: pdf reports have not been attached. Detailed Answer: Hi Mr XXXXXXX Thank you for posting your query. It is unfortunate that there was a delay in diagnosis of your stroke and so, the initiation of treatment was also delayed. Unfortunately, the reports and prescription pdf copies have not been attached. I request you to re-attach them. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Follow-up: How to avoid stroke in future? 9 hours later
Thanks Dr XXXXXXX I have re-attached the reports - looks like some issue with the healthcare tool. Can you please check and confirm if you are able to access the attached reports (3 reports are attached). Otherwise, I can have them emailed. Thanks, XXXX
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Treatment seems to be along correct lines Detailed Answer: Thank you for getting back with reports and prescription. I have seen them, and agree that you had suffered a brain stroke of left side, causing symptoms on the right side of your body. Medications are correct, it is just that improvement occurs slowly in this case (over a few months). In addition to the current medications, you should also take TAB ROSUVASTATIN, which keeps cholesterol in normal limits and prevents the stroke in future. I hope it helps. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)