How to avoid pregnancy induced hypertension?

I had high BP during my last pregnancy like 240 in my seven and half month of pregnancy. So, my baby was died and the doctors have inducted the baby out. Now i am pregnant after 6 months gap after the induction. Is there any chance that i will get BP during this pregnancy. If there is any possibilities please suggest me how to have healthy and safe pregnancy for me and my child.
Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 8 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes, there is a chance Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. I am sorry to say that pregnancy induced hypertension or pre-eclampsia (high BP complicated with protein in urine) is a recurrent condition. Low dose aspirin has moderate benefits when used for the prevention of pre-eclampsia. Bed rest and good protein diet can be helpful. Careful observation of the blood pressure should be done and if needed controlled with drugs like Methyldopa, hydralazine, and labetalol . regards,