How to avoid pregnancy few days after intercourse?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jun 2015
Jun 2015

Question
HI,
i want to know how to stop pregnancy within 10 days of intercourse,and also pulled out before ejaculation
Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 48 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX

The contraceptive methods available that can prevent pregnancy are the emergency pills which provide protection only if taken within 72 hours of unprotected intercourse.

If you are sure that you have pulled out completely before ejaculation & seminal fluid has not entered inside the genital tract, there is no need to worry.
Otherwise, you will have to wait till your partner gets her periods.
If they are delayed, a Pregnancy test can be done to confirm it.
In case of pregnancy, it will give a positive result within one week.

Wishing you a Good Health.
Let me know if I need to clarify further.
Thanks & take care.

Follow-up: How to avoid pregnancy few days after intercourse? 1 hour later
Thank you sir,

we had it after 10 days of her period, and also pulled out before ejaculation,is there any chance to get pregnant ?and if yes is there any way to avoid it ?and what about RU486 pill ?

Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 1 hour later
Hello XXXXXXX

Thanks for your follow up queries.

1. Ovualtion usually occurs around 14th day, but sometimes it may vary.
And if seminal fluid has not entered inside the genital tract due to pulling out, then there is very less chance to get pregnant.

2. Prevention involves taking of emergency contraceptive pill within 72 hours of unprotected intercourse.

3. RU 486 is an abortion pill used along with a prostaglandin preparation to terminate (end) a pregnancy up to 9 weeks.

But it should be taken once pregnancy is confirmed & there is need for termination.
Otherwise it can lead to serious side effects.

All the medications should be taken under the guidance of a Gynecologist to avoid unwanted side effects.

Hope I have been able to answer your queries.

Please let me know if you have any other query.

Thanks & take care.