How to avoid Cocaine withdrawl symptoms?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jun 2014
Jun 2014

Psychiatrist
Question
i have taken 1.75 grams of cocaine at around 10 o'clock 2 hours later i took 150 mg(s) instead of my regular 100 mg(s) of Quetapine ( i regularly take 100 mg(s) 2-3 hours before bed ) and i regularly take 40 mg(s) of Citalopram in the mornings but i havent taken it yet it is now 7 am i don't want the cocaine withdrawal as it is starting to kick in and im not sure if i should take the Citalopram or not. i
Posted Wed, 26 Mar 2014 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: Can take citalopram Detailed Answer: HI Thanks for using healthcare magic. I, Dr Abhishek Kapoor, would help you in this query. Cocaine is a stimulant and it does not lead to physical dependence. Even in abstinence, you would not get typical physical symptoms like nausea, body-ache, tremor etc. It could cause psychological symptoms like irritability, sleep disturbance, low mood etc. You are taking quetiapine regularly, in that case, chances of withdrawal is less. Quetiapine would control the dopamine balance in brain, so you would not get immediate high due to cocaine. You can take citalopram 40mg at night also. There is nothing to worry about it. If you take it once a day at any time, its blood level would maintain and you would not get any depressive symptoms due to cocaine abstinence. In case, you need further help, you can ask. Regards Dr. Abhishek Kapoor Psychiatrist

Follow-up: How to avoid Cocaine withdrawl symptoms? 13 minutes later
I was instructed to take citapolim in the morning Wondering if percocets with help more with the withdrawal

Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: Read this Detailed Answer: HI Thanks for you trust on me. Citalopram is a antidepressant and its half life is 36 to 48 hours. If you take it any time in a day, its blood level would remain same and you would not get any withdrawal. A drug needs five half life to come out from body completely and if you miss citalopram for a week, then it would not stay in body. So, if you take it at night, it would not harm you. You can take percocets for body-ache on sos basis, there is nothing harm in it. In case, you need further help, you can ask. Regards Dr. Abhishek Kapoor Psychiatrist