How to Increase Memory Retention?

In this age I do not read on regular basis but whatever read or learn on job does not stay for long time. What should I do for this? Please suggest.
Posted Fri, 7 Feb 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Periodic and slow reading. Detailed Answer: Hi Concentration and assimilation is the key. You cannot read at the same pace as you were during childhood or youthful age. You have to be slower while reading and assimilate the content nicely. You should apply the key lines (underline them) during first reading, connect them to everyday life. If you are not able to connect them easily take some one's help in the family. Second time reading is preferred and touch upon the underlined points. Also periodic reading is necessary at this age to memorize at this age. Hope this tips help.