How soon should kidney transplant be done?

I live alone with a 14 yr. old pup, I need to know how soon for kidney transplant....currently at 17% what is recovery time, possible complications, etc. etc. so I can prepare.
Posted Tue, 25 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 6 days later
Brief Answer: Its subjective Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Sorry for the delay in my response. I am medical doctor, an associate in Department of Urology, working with an experienced Urologist. I answer on his behalf. The recovery time, complications and the indications are subjective. To generalize, with 17% kidney functioning I would consider dialysis would do well. If you are developing signs or symptoms of uremia then considering transplant would be reasonable. The recovery time depends on the acceptance of the transplant. which may range from a week to a month. The most feared complication is transplant rejection due to immune or infective cause. regards,