How soon after surgical repair of a closed tibia/ fibular fracture is it safe to fly?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
How soon after surgical repair of a closed Tibia/ fibular fracture (IM nail) is is safe to fly? Short flight roughly 45 minutes.
Posted Fri, 29 Jun 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 6 hours later
After a surgical repair of tibial fracture, you can take a short flight as soon as 5 days after the surgery if there is no pain, headache, local swelling or fever.
You can consult your surgeon for a local examination and evaluation of your symptoms.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.